Saturday, March 25, 2017

ReStructure Mix Update (3/25/17) “I Need Love” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Capricorn


ReStructure Mix Update (3/25/17) “I Need Love” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Capricorn

Capricorn is an Italo-disco project from Claudio Simonetti who also produced projects by Kasso, Easy Going and Vivian Vee. His work with keyboards and an innovative approach to a new style of dance music gives him a unique flavor and sound. “I Need Love” is the third single from Capricorn from 1982 and a track that worked for me in the electronic dance transition. A nice funky bass line over fast rhythmic hand clap loops. The vocals work in the funk-punk arena reciting a love song with a yearning for physical attention. One of my favorite Italo-disco songs that I always refer to once I bring my mind to the early 80s.

I have taken the 12” vocal and instrumental to work this alternate ReStructure Mix and lay out a new arrangement using the nice elements. The chorus is given a bit more of an extensive meaning here and the play on percussion elements enhanced.

http://www.glennrivera.com/multiply/capricorn_ineedlove_restructuremix.jpg

No comments:

Blog Archive