Thursday, December 5, 2019

ReStructure Mix Update (12/5/19) “I (Who Have Nothing)” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Sylvester





ReStructure Mix Update (12/5/19) “I (Who Have Nothing)” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Sylvester

Sylvester is a disco artist who helped pave the road to diversity and talent. His 1979 project “Stars” is a tour de force of this man’s aura and presence. In this project a cover of the Lieber and Stoller classic “I (Who Have Nothing)” is taken to new heights in a production by Harvey Fuqua and backing vocals from Ms. Martha Wash. This one is a blockbuster for the dance floor to take into a new emotion state and work from beginning to end. One of the most powerful experiences in the disco repertoire.

I have taken the 12” long version and recreated a new ReStructure Mix for a salute to Sylvester and also a dedication to my husband, Ken Emmons who holds this one as a top favorite and also giving me the love and freedom to create.

No comments:

Blog Archive