Wednesday, April 13, 2022

ReStructure Mix Update (4/13/22): “I Want A New Drug” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Huey Lewis and The News

 

ReStructure Mix Update (4/13/22): “I Want A New Drug” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Huey Lewis and The News

Huey Lewis and The News brought the pop sound of rock ‘n roll alive along with the synth-pop edge. Their 1983 album “Sports” contained several radio hits and few aimed at the dance floor including “I Want A New Drug”. One of the tracks that challenged the hearty emotions of a romance with the undying need to be high on love alternatively. A great twist one of the unforgettable dance pieces of that year.

I have taken the 12” vocal and instrumental of “I Want A New Drug” and shot into this ReStructure Mix pieces of Ram Jam’s “Black Betty” as a side note for rhythm. This one takes the percolating sequencers into many new purposes – but mainly to shake those hips.

This ReStructure Mix is dedicated to my good friend, Bonnie Shoultz – who still insists that Huey as “got a new truck”!

No comments:

Blog Archive