Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Music Is My Way Of Life" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Patti Labelle

• "Music Is My Way Of Life" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Patti Labelle

Patti LaBelle is the voice of funk and soul.

Her presence in the 70's gave us a wide array of styles and music - from LaBelle's classic "Lady Marmalade" to her 80's return with "New Attitude" she has always returned with a great impact on music. In 1979 with the combination of producer Skip Scarborough and the disco elements brought in by John Luongo "Music Is My Way Of Life" was born. This track was an underground hit which reeks of the 70's nightclub scene - from lyrics, percussion and riffs.

I have taken a bit of concern in this ReStructure Mix that Patti does not get lost - it is her message of how music transforms her world into a place where survival is possible. I dedicate to mix to Michael R. from San Diego - whose life has been enlightening to me and his ever loving need for disco memories keeps me smiling.

No comments:

Blog Archive