Thursday, August 20, 2020

REISSUE: "Tender Lovin'" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Funk Deluxe





REISSUE: "Tender Lovin'" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Funk Deluxe

Funk Deluxe is a funk/disco project from Randy Muller (Brass Construction, Skyy) and has the components of charm and a groove which is the label of dance floors. This 1984 one-and-only album sounds much like work from Skyy and most likely contains many of the musicians and ensemble from their recordings.

“Tender Lovin’” is one of my favorite tracks from Salsoul Records and was one heck of a hit on my floor with its lyrical chorus riff. This track went from peak hour to early evening and at times, closed the night and made lovers cling to sweat and love. I have taken the album version and have given it a slight edit – extending the sweetness and adding a few loops and phasing to remind you that the groove is where it is at.

This ReStructure Mix is dedicated lovingly to my good friend Felix Prince who passed a few back but continues to make me smile and bring tears to my eyes from a wonderful friendship and lesson in music!

No comments:

Blog Archive