Tuesday, June 28, 2022

ReStructure Mix Update (6/28/22): “You’re All The Boogie I Need” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Teena Marie

 

ReStructure Mix Update (6/28/22): “You’re All The Boogie I Need” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Teena Marie

Teena Marie created a style of her own as many 80’s artists had the freedom to rewrite for a whole new dance floor and sound. Her funk-edged sound gave her the ability to send messages in a new way for female artists; “You’re All The Boogie I Need” is from her second album from 1980 titled “Lady T” – produced by Richard Rudolph. This percolating piece is a great piece for Teena’s exuberant delivery and sweetness combined. It plays out with energy and also brings a nice funkiness to its own groove.

I have taken the album version of “You’re All The Boogie I Need” and reworked the keys into a new ReStructure Mix. I used pieces of the backing vocal and lead to place new breaks and a feel to the track.

No comments:

Blog Archive