Tuesday, August 1, 2023

ReStructure Mix Update (8/1/23): “I’ve Been Thinking About You” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Londonbeat


ReStructure Mix Update (8/1/23): “I’ve Been Thinking About You” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Londonbeat

Londonbeat is Jimmy Chambers, Jimmy Helms and George Chandler – a British pop/dance band from the 90’s. Their big 1990 hit “I’ve Been Thinking About You” has one of the most infectious rhythm guitar riffs of the time and is also one of my favorite songs from the period. It relies on the lead vocal yearning for a lover who was let goes a bit too early and now is a memory which will not go away. The piece was produced by Martyn Phillips and William Henshall and is completely directed at the dance floor of this time period. There is a haunting resonance from this track that gives out the pain of heartbreak yet the excitement of a potential reunion of lovers.

I have taken the album version of “I’ve Been Thinking About You” along with its instrumental and rewired the piece for this new ReStructure Mix. A new intro and several new breaks are created with elements of the vocals and guitar riffs.

No comments:

Blog Archive