Saturday, May 29, 2021

REISSUE: “Come Inside My Love” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Bonnie Oliver

 

REISSUE:  “Come Inside My Love” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Bonnie Oliver

Bonnie Oliver is a disco artist who released an underground disco track titled “Come Inside My Love” in 1979 – produced by Wiley Hicks who also produced Ednah Holt and Starluv’s “People Come Dance” and “Ain’t Got Time” by Holt ’45. This piece of hardcore and psychedelic disco is one of the choices for many after-hours spots where the dancers are pulled deep into the mix and trance-like energy of disco. It has always been one of my favorite arenas of hardcore dance music.

I have taken the original 12” vocal and instrumental to walk down a ReStructure Mix path with a lengthy piece of funky guitar breaks and weaving synthesizer breaks. The original EQ is bit flat which differs from both original recordings so I decided to recreate an airy Patrick Cowley-ish feel with the rework. It is the master road to ecstasy for those special dance floor moments and it could have continued on for a longer adventure – but here it is! 

No comments:

Blog Archive