Thursday, May 27, 2021

REISSUE: “Don’t You Want My Love” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Nicole

 

REISSUE: “Don’t You Want My Love” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Nicole

Nicole (Lillie Arlene Nicole Jade McCloud) is one of the exciting voices of the mid-80’s dance movement. Her first solo album titled “What About Me?” is one of the productions from Lou Pace (Donna Allen, Stacy Lattisaw, Joy and Pain). The single from the project titled “Don’t You Want My Love” are one of the explosions of the dance floor during the period. It encompassed the energy of the pop-80’s dance scene and also along with Nicole enticing vocal makes this one a bomb. One of the floor-packers in my club and amidst the energy there was always the recollection of watching the hard hitting horns take on a reaction from the crowd. This one is a promise of lasting energy since there is no way to put it out.

I have taken the 12’ vocal and dub of “Don’t You Want My Love” and reworked a new found energy in this ReStructure Mix. The synth pieces are aligned more as the foundation and the kick-ass beats are the motivation now. It has always been one of my favorites and now expressed in a club feel environment.

No comments:

Blog Archive