Monday, May 31, 2021

ReStructure Mix Update (5/31/21) “Always On My Mind” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Pet Shop Boys

 

ReStructure Mix Update (5/31/21) “Always On My Mind” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Pet Shop Boys

Pet Shop Boys are the 80’s super group in the direction of keeping dance music alive in the electronic age of synth-pop. Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe were creating a new edge of music which encompassed a moody feel in many new areas and themes. In 1987 their production of a dance version of Willie Nelson’s 1982 ballad “Always On My Mind”. Quite a feat for the raised energy and sound of the new Pet Shop Boys venture with a symphonic edge layering the rolling sequencers. This one was an instant hit for the duo and for me kudos to them for taking one of the beautiful ballads and placing it on the dance floor in a whole new way.

I have taken the 12” vocal and instrumental of Pet Shop Boys’ “Always On My Mind” and rewound the recording for this ReStructure Mix. I have used more of the bass beats as a foundation for the new layout and also added a few new beats and percussion for the finishing touch.


No comments:

Blog Archive