Friday, January 24, 2020

ReStructure Mix Update (1/24/20) “I May Not Be There When You Want Me (But I'm Right On Time)” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Loleatta Holloway





ReStructure Mix Update (1/24/20) “I May Not Be There When You Want Me (But I'm Right On Time)” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Loleatta Holloway

Loleatta Holloway is one of disco music’s golden moments. Her vocals are a powerful tool used along with the storming disco energy that reined in the late 70s. “I May Not Be There When You Want Me (But I'm Right On Time)” is from her 1978 album “Queen Of The Night” – produced by Norman Harris and written by Bunny Sigler. This mainliner is a true disco classic with its diva attitude and full throttle production. Everything that is "disco" is here from the rolling bass to the blaring horns. One of Loleatta’s great vocal performances again and with the flawless production this one deserves to keep moving on and on.

I have taken the 12” version of “I May Not Be There When You Want Me (But I'm Right On Time)” and reworked the arrangement for this ReStructure Mix. A new layer of percussion guides this one along.

No comments:

Blog Archive