Thursday, December 9, 2021

ReStructure Mix Update (12/9/21) “I Just Died In Your Arms” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Savage


Savage is Roberto Zanetti – an early Italo-disco project which was known for his emotion moody dance tracks like “Only You” and “Don’t Cry Tonight”. In 1989 his cover of Cutting Crew’s “I Just Died In Your Arms” made his standing on the high energy/Euro-disco playlists more visible and also added to his sound of a full electronic arrangement and adding as much emotion to the genre. This version plays out as the original with more of a bass sequencer foundation to pump the dance floor initiative. I know that it worked for me on many nights on closing a high energy set for the night or building up to one.

I have taken the 12” version of Savage’s “I Just Died In Your Arms” and reedited a new ReStructure Mix for homage to this artist. I added a few elements of the original by Cutting Crew and added some new drum patterns and percussion effects to give it move of the energy it deserves.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive