Tuesday, April 26, 2022

ReStructure Mix Update (4/26/22): “You Can’t Run From My Love” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Stephanie Mills

 

ReStructure Mix Update (4/26/22): “You Can’t Run From My Love” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Stephanie Mills

Stephanie Mills is a r&b/soul vocalist from Brooklyn, New York and made her big introduction in the Broadway production of “The Wiz”. Her debut in the disco arena was a welcomed one and several big dance hits ensued including “Put Body In It” and “You Can Get Over” in 1979. Her 1982 project titled, “Tantalizing Hot” made another mark with her dance floor hit titled “You Can’t Run From My Love” – produced by James Mtume and Reggie Lucas. This statement is one of the tracks again from Stephanie which allow us to hear her voice as intended – strong and certain. A big dance floor hit for my club and one which helped to ignite more fire for her later in the 80’s.

I have taken the 12” remix of “You Can’t Run From My Love” and worked another ReStructure Mix out of it. There is a slight percussion accompaniment and also more of what this piece delivered originally – funk and movement.

No comments:

Blog Archive