Friday, April 29, 2022

ReStructure Mix Update (4/29/22): “I Feel Love” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Fax Yourself


ReStructure Mix Update (4/29/22): “I Feel Love” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Fax Yourself

Fax Yourself is a Belgium New Beat project from producers, Fabian Van Messen, Jack Mauer and Marc Meuttiens. Their single from 1989 contained two covers – Donna Summer’s “I Feel Love” and Rocker’s Revenge’s “Walking On Sunshine”. The focus of this ReStructure Mix is “I Feel Love” which is presented here is a thumping bass beat format close to the New Beat solution that took over in the mid and late-80s. Vocals are provided by Carrie Ann and play out in a sensual nature once again minus Donna’s range and power. It works closely with the scaled down production and is satisfying for another “twerk” of this disco classic.

I have taken the 12” cover of “I Feel Love” by Fax Yourself and went free-range on the beats and sampled effects. The new arrangement contains a lengthy and more continual vocal segment and still breaks along the way to make this classic remain just what it is.

No comments:

Blog Archive