Thursday, August 13, 2026

ReStructure Mix Update (8/13/26): “I Wanna Be A Cowboy” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Boys Don’t Cry


Boys Don’t Cry is a British pop-rock band who released a single titled “I Wanna Be A Cowboy” in 1986 - a dance parody of the Western man being admired with light hearted humor. The track fit into the 80s catalogue with a sincere direction and distinctive package. The electronic arrangement gives off several bass riffs which mimic a night on the plains with a roaring fire giving comfort to exhausted rustlers. The fun here lies in the outline of a modern day man desiring the dirty and dusty lifestyle of the open West as a need to feel excitement. Every cliche of this time period is open to jab and offers a strange parallel for the fantasy of living the life of a cowboy. The band members include Brian Chatton, Jeff Seopardie, John Ward, Loui Beau, Mark Smith, Nick Richards, Nico Ramsden and Richard Tace.

I have taken the 12” vocal and instrumental version of “I Wanna Be A Cowboy” and rewired the piece again for a new ReStructure Mix. More of the bass grooves are used to give the breakdowns and a fade out which is the last of the embers on the prairie.
 

No comments:

Blog Archive