Friday, February 19, 2021

REISSUE: "Light Up My Heart” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Angie St. Phillip

 

REISSUE: "Light Up My Heart” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Angie St. Phillip Angie St. Phillip is an Italo-disco artist who worked with Theo Spagna on backup vocals for several projects including Fun Fun and Hold Cold. Her 2 singles “Light Up My Heart” and “Physical” were produced by Theo and Ivanna Spagna and is in the tradition of Ivanna’s own Fun Fun sound. This uplifting and embracing edge brought the high energy sound to the forefront in the mid-80s. “Light Up My Life” was released in 1985 and gave the dance floor another return to “Colour My Love” and “Happy Station”. Angie has a soft and gentle vocal and brings each chorus to a sweet serenade. I have taken the 12” vocal and dub to recreate a ReStructure Mix paying tribute to Italo-disco and this melodic style of disco which always makes a heart warm. There is a new arrangement which more breakdowns and some play edits with the synthesizer tracks. Allot of great 80s memories are bound to be awaken.

No comments:

Blog Archive