Wednesday, February 24, 2021

ReStructure Mix Update (2/24/21) “(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Modern Rocketry

ReStructure Mix Update (2/24/21) “(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Modern Rocketry

Modern Rocketry is Morey Goldstein and Ken Kessie. Their disco project from the early 80’s is a studio ensemble keeping dance floors moving with an electronic arrangement and a new energy. “(I’m Not Your) Steppin’ Stone” is a cover of the Paul Revere and The Raiders 1966 rock song in a bass rolling arrangement. The 12” version was a top pick for a changing sound in the early 80’s and in the wake of new-wave and pop rockabilly releases of the time. The San Francisco Disco edge here is the sound that Megatone Records used throughout the 80’s in various production and artists.

I have taken the 12” vocal version of “(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone” and reworked this ReStructure Mix for a new turn in placement and arrangement. I have utilized the cowbell percussion to the hilt for more of a pulse in this new version.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive