Saturday, January 13, 2024

ReStructure Mix Update (1/13/24): ”I Like It” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – The Players Association


The Players Association is a disco/jazz ensemble who began their recording career on Vanguard Records in 1977. Their self-titled album from that year contained their single “I Like It” which is an early favorite of dance floors and followers. The horn infused track is one which outlines the rhythm in the club manner of the time and also gives us a live band feel with its sectional arrangement. One of the 12” singles of the time which was admired for its early moves to fuse disco and jazz on a parallel.

I have taken the 12” version of “I Like It” and used the keyboard segments to bring on this new ReStructure Mix. I have added a new drum track to accompany this new introduction and also a nice fade. 
 

No comments:

Blog Archive