Monday, October 21, 2019

REISSUE: "I Can't Dance" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - David Hentschel





REISSUE: "I Can't Dance" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - David Hentschel

In 1983 "Educating Rita" was released by Columbia Pictures - a scene halfway through the film featured a scene where Michael Caine dances with a few students intoxicated and stoned at a discotheque called Flamingo's. The music from this scene has always been a mystery to me - I have researched it (since it was not on the soundtrack) in many different blogs, sites and friends - with no luck. Recently, Paul Morsch, who was another contact sent me the answer - the music was only available on a 7" single from David Hentschel as the "B" side to the theme from the film. Thanks to Paul I have located the 7" and ReStructured the hell out of the 2 minute 7" version. The track is similar to early Human League compositions with a bit of a Italo-Disco sound - which I always assumed it was since it fit into that sound of the time.

It is a great dance track - and this ReStructure is dedicated to Paul Morsch - and as Rita would say, "It's dead clever!"

No comments:

Blog Archive