Wednesday, April 21, 2021

ReStructure Mix Update (4/21/21) “Can’t Believe” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Nancy Martin

 

ReStructure Mix Update (4/21/21) “Can’t Believe” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Nancy Martin

Nancy Martin (Nancy Catherine Julian Martinez) is a Canadian singer who brought a large list of dance classics to the dance floors in the 80s. Her initial talents were known in the 1982 project Jade – “I’m Gonna Get Your Love” – produced by Marc Racine and Danny Tallon. Her 1983 album “Lay It Down is one project that I was driven to with the great high energy pieces that were accompanied by Nancy’s beautiful voice. “Can’t believe” is a single released in 1982 – produced by Dominic Sciullo and follows the electronic dance explosion of the period with a hypnotic low pulse rhythm and Nancy giving it a new feel with her unique style. This one was one of my favorites and may have been played out in a matter of weeks in my club. It has many nice hooks and of course mystiques feel that I always admired.

I have taken the 12” vocal and instrumental of “Can’t Believe” and re-wired the energy into a new ReStructure Mix. I have added my own mystique with a touch of “Oz” magic and a few new breaks using the bass synths in pieces and new arrangements.

No comments:

Blog Archive