Saturday, June 26, 2021

REISSUE: "Magic Dancer" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Tamara

 


Tamara (Tamara Lorincz) is the voice behind the classic disco hit, "(Everybody) Get Dancin'" by Bombers from 1979. Her solo LP "Magic Dancer" is one of the early Canadian disco gems of the 80s. Produced by Vincent Ciambrone - who also gave us Boogie People, Debbie Wilson and Valdaro.

Tamara's title "Magic Dancer" is a roaring high energy/disco number that is powerful beyond belief. This one was a huge hit in my club after a few plays during peak hour. It remains one of my favorite early 80s dance tracks and is one of those songs once I start humming I cannot get it out of my head.

This ReStructure Mix takes the LP version and re-edits and segues the big parts of this "mover" - for another chance to create some magic.

Thanks to Tamara Lorincz for her kindness and also for sharing her talent with disco fans everywhere. This mix is for you, Tamara!

No comments:

Blog Archive