Sunday, June 13, 2021

REISSUE: “I'm Glad That You're Here” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Alphonse Mouzon

 

REISSUE: “I'm Glad That You're Here” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Alphonse Mouzon

Alphonse Mouzon is producer, arranger, and drummer who worked from the early 70s creating his brand of fusion-jazz. During the late 70s he is known on dance floors as the force behind the disco band, Poussez! – Which features Christine Wiltshire (Musique, Phreek, Center Stage, Revanche) on lead vocals. The project has become one of the hardcore classics in the disco arena as well as his single “Everybody Get Down” from his project Mouzon’s Electric Band. From the depths of his jazz creations to the hardcore disco grooves Alphonse shows his diversity and use of drummer/percussion talents. “I’m Glad That You’re Here” come from his 1981 project “Morning Sun” which returns to Mouzon’s jazz roots with a touch of UK funk. One of the beautiful numbers that reminds me of a sweet ballad from Barry White and his great ensemble.

I have taken the 12” vocal and instrumental versions of “I’m Glad That You’re Here” and blended the electronic flutes and sweeping strings into a new ReStructure Mix. I have taken the outline of the original mix and moved its mood into a more underground-early morning feel with some new bass synths and drum patterns. 

No comments:

Blog Archive