Wednesday, January 20, 2021

ReStructure Mix Update (1/20/21) “You’re My Heart, You’re My Soul” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Creative Connection

ReStructure Mix Update (1/20/21) “You’re My Heart, You’re My Soul” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Creative Connection

Creative Connection is an Italo-disco project featuring Athina Haikali, Leroy Skeete Davis and Lian Ross. The group is one of the 80’s electronic synth bands that helped to keep the 80’s dance scene moving. Their cover of Modern Talking’s “You’re My Heart, You’re My Soul” from 1985 is one of the true praises to a sound which made a big impact on dance music. Creative Connection takes the melody and outline of the original and recreates it to the standard with a few new elements - one being a wonderful vocal from Lian Ross who later became a solo artist and recorded the classic dance track “Fantasy”. The magic of Modern Talking’s classic love song is alive here and the recreation is worth its own weight as it gives homage to the sound of the 80s.

I have taken the 12” version of Creative Connection’s “You’re My Heart, You’re My Soul” and reworked the essence of the recording for this ReStructure Mix. There is a new break surrounding the love notes a new arrangement on the vocal.


 

No comments:

Blog Archive