Sunday, July 26, 2020

REISSUE: “I Can Dream About You” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Dan Hartman





REISSUE: “I Can Dream About You” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Dan Hartman Dan Hartman brought a new magic to disco music in 1978 with his big hit “Instant Replay” and following many memorable dance classics including “Relight My Fire” with Loleatta Holloway. His venture from the 70’s to the 80’s was successful with his 1984 album “I Can Dream About You” with the title track being featured in the film “Streets Of Fire”. This love groove is one of the best 80’s dance numbers with the right amount of heart and soul to haunt your feet. It was a huge track for me as I reverted to playing it during peak hours with many dancers lost in its hypnotic groove. I have taken the 12” vocal and instrumental of “I Can Dream About You” and moved the song into a ReStructure Mix mood. More of the dream feels with some extensive looping to emphasize the yearning. It is a fade out which I can only want more of this one.

No comments:

Blog Archive