Sunday, November 29, 2020

REISSUE: "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Daryl Hall & John Oates

REISSUE: "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Daryl Hall & John Oates Daryl Hall & John Hall Oates are a pop rock duo who started recording in 1972 and are currently involved in projects, Their sound brought a magic to the 70s era and their continuance onto the 80s was a pop-dance excitement. “I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do)” is from their 1981 album “Private Eyes”. It was an instant radio hit and many club jocks were lured in by the pumped-electronic groove. It was close to the “Electric Avenue” sound which was building an alternative sound. I have taken the 12” version of “I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do)” and have given it a ReStructure Mix which pumps up the groove and bit more and also creates a dreamier aura throughout the resistance of this stern lover. It gives me an opportunity to spotlight that 80s sound and how it kept the disco feeling alive.
 

No comments:

Blog Archive